Monday, November 8, 2010

Survey!

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Unsweetened chocolate almond milk by Almond Breeze.

2. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I tried to replicate this amazing coconut curry soup that I had at an Asian restaurant in Alexandria, VA. It was awful.

3. Favorite pickled item?

Olives

4. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?

Dark chocolate, brown rice, tempeh

5. Fondest food memory from your childhood?

Being at my great grandmother's house and my grandfather's cabin which are both in the woods of WV. My great grandmother always let me help her in the kitchen (making food I would never touch now) but it gave me a lot of good times with her while she was here. We also would have holiday meals at my papas cabin and all the family would be there.

6. Favorite vegan ice cream?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bliss. It has 5 ingredients, is free of soy, and made with agave. Yummmm. I warn you that you can taste the coconut milk in it so avoid if you don't like coconut.

7. Most loved kitchen appliance?

Aroma rice cooker and steamer

8. Spice/herb you would die without?

That's a tough choice between cumin and garlic

9. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
You can't beat homemade apple butter, in my opinion


10. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?

Oatmeal raisin cookies

11. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?

Tempeh, for sure

12. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?

My favorite time of day to cook is afternoon. I can take my time and I'm not starving and impatient like I am at breakfast.

13. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bliss (calling my name), frozen veggies, frozen fruit

14. What’s on your grocery list?

Beans are always a must have, tempeh, almond milk, produce

15. Favorite grocery store?

Elwood Thompson. I wish I had one near me.

16. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.

Chicken/tuna salad. There's so many recipes out there I need to just go ahead and do it. I posted the tempeh salad wraps from Little House of Veggies and it's tempting but I've held off mostly because I've never tried vegenaise and I'm afraid of it haha. Maybe I need a recipe that doesn't use it or uses very little

17. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?

Love Veggies and Yoga
Vegan MoFo (now that it's happening)
Just Bento (not vegan but I love bento and they have a lot of vegan ones or easily veganized recipes)

18. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?

I like a lot of different ones I've tried but my staple chocolate bar is Endangered Species dark chocolate with almonds & cranberries

19. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?

Raw almonds

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Coconut Bliss shout out! The Chocolate PB is the favorite in my house too :)
    Cheers,
    Kiley @ Coconut Bliss

    ReplyDelete