Friday, November 12, 2010

Kitty

I wanted to do a post about my companion cat, Kitty. I know MoFo is about food but veganism is about the animals for me so I wanted to do a tribute to him. Kitty is the love of my life. I found him in the middle of the road when he was about 3 weeks old. He was so tiny! He had upper respiratory infection which had turned into pneumonia. The poor thing had lost one of his eyes to the infection and the other one wasn't looking so good. I took him to the vet to get medicine of course and then brought him home to be babied beyond belief. I stayed up all night with him as he cried and meowed because of his discomfort. I cleaned his eyes constantly and cried with him because i felt so bad for the poor thing. The vet told me he might not live so I didn't want to get too attached to him. Getting attached was unavoidable but I called him Kitty instead of giving him an official name. Well, Kitty lived and I was able to save his other eye. He's been with me for a year and a half now and is thriving. He's the most wonderful cat I have ever met. He thinks he's a dog and follows me around like I'm his momma. I did name him, Agent Jack Bauer because he's invincible, but he only answers to Kitty. So I still call him Kitty because it's the name he knows and likes. He always makes me smile and feel loved. I don't know what I would do without him!

This is Kitty when I first found him
giving me kisses

cuddled up trying to get better

And this is Kitty now:


2 comments:

  1. We're trying to rehome a kitty at the moment and funnily enough we call him kitty and what's even more funny is I THINK WE'RE GONNA KEEP HIM!
    Your kitty is beautiful.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny =] I fell in love with Kitty and decided I couldn't rehome him even though I had some offers, so I completely understand if you keep your kitty!

    ReplyDelete