Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gluten Free Vegan Halloween cookies

I was pretty bummed on Halloween this year because normally I dress up and go all out for the holiday, but I stayed in this year and didn't get a costume. To avoid being completely depressed by this I decided to make and decorate some Halloween cookies =] I used Bob's Red Mill GF shortbread cookie mix, Halloween cookie cutters, Cherrybrook Kitchen's allergen free vanilla frosting, colored piping gel, Stretch Island fruit leather, and organic 65% cacao chocolate chips.
I added egg replacer, almond milk, earth balance butter, and applesauce (to replace a portion of the huge amount of butter the mix called for). The cookies turned out pretty well and cooked very quickly. The majority of my time was spent on decorating the cookies which took a good 30 minutes! And my decorating skills are very amateur as you can see:

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I haven't seen the shortbread cookie mix before, but I'll have to keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found the mix at an Amish bulk store in the country haha...very random but lucky!
    Thanks to both of you, I try my best!

    ReplyDelete