Sunday, November 14, 2010

:)

What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?
Caesar salad. I ate it every week before going vegan.

What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Brussels sprouts

What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t?
Seitan. Now that I have to be gluten free, I don't feel so bad about it but I hated it long before that.

What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
Water

What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings?
Cookies

Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
No raisins in savory dishes. Seriously people are always doing that. And I love raisins, I eat them straight. But not in my stuffed peppers.

What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?
Hummus or dark chocolate

What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
Mac n cheese

What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”?
Dark Chocolate, almond butter

Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks?
I'm a big snacker. Rice cakes with nut butter or apple butter, hummus and carrot sticks, popcorn.

What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?
Tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, olives, banana peppers, onions

What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?
Peas, any type of berry

What is the best salad dressing?
I put hummus on my salads most of the time

What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?
Apple butter with tahini or almond butter

What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
Miso

What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor?
I'm partial to chocolate anything

What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Oatmeal raisin, pb chocolate chip

What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”?
rice veggies & tempeh or beans

What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat?
No one in my household is vegan and therefore they won't eat anything that I do. Except for the cookies

How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day?
1 hour

How many fingers am I holding up?
8

What kind of things are you doing for VeganMofo?
Reading lots of blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment