Monday, October 18, 2010

A few things I've had on my mind

I absolutely hate seitan. I know this is blasphemy to most vegans but I absolutely cannot stand it. I can't eat it now because of the gluten but even before I was aware that gluten bothered me I hated it. On the other hand, I love tempeh. I adore it, for real. I love tofu too but I try not to eat it as it isn't fermented like tempeh and it sometimes gives me stomach issues. I also have to limit my soy intake because of my hypothyroid, so when I eat soy I make it worthwhile.

I love almond milk. It's just so creamy and delicious. Because of it, I don't miss soy milk. I gave up the soy milk because of my thyroid and only drink it rarely if I'm at a vegan gathering or a friend's house. If you haven't tried it, you should. Yummmm almond milk =]

I'm participating in Vegan Mofo! Hopefully I'll have time to post as much as I would like. I don't think I'm gonna have a theme or anything other than trying to whip up some good food and take pictures.

The past couple of days haven't been good food days for me. I've felt under the weather and I've been swamped with school work. I also had some naughty cravings for Asian food. Oh how I love it. I live in a very small place but we somehow have good options for vegan Asian food. I hadn't been eating very much because of feeling bad so I felt like I deserved a treat. I got miso soup to soothe my throat and Thai yellow curry with tofu. It of course came with white rice and potatoes, which I ate, but I added peas, broccoli, and cauliflower once I got it home. I tried to make it a little bit healthier! It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment