Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm so lazy today

I worked all morning and half of the evening and I have another paper to write. I haven't been doing much cooking for three days since I need o be able to just throw something quick together and go due to work. That will change soon and I'll be posting some food. So I'm going to do a post about vegan things that I love =]

Pattycake Bakery in Columbus, OH is awesome. Not only are they completely vegan but they also have gluten free and raw options! I live about 2 hours outside of Columbus (in WV) so I get to go there every couple of months for shopping and food that is unavailable in my state. Another awesome thing is that you can order online from them, even though they can only ship a limited number of their gluten free options and none of the raw ones. I recently ordered two cookies online, the ginger spice and cranberry almond. Both were soft and delicious and didn't taste gluten free!

Chipotle Cayenne Parma. If you haven't tried this raw cheesy topping made from nuts, nutritional yeast, and perfect spice blends then you need to go buy some now! The other flavors are good but the chipotle is phenomenal.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir in strawberry. Gluten free, vegan, and 10 active cultures. The chocolate is good as well but only if you like the sour chocolate cheesecake-esque flavor. If not, stick to the strawberry. It goes down smooth and delicious.

Daiya. Duh.

This next thing is delicious, but it's terrible for you. I've eaten this once since it came out and it will be a long time before I do again because as much as I love amazing vegan and gluten free things, I also love being healthy. I also ate this in two sittings, not one. It really is that rich! I'm talking about Amy's Vegan Rice Macaroni & Cheeze. This is made with Daiya and it is killer. Of course, you can always whip up your own healthy version of gluten free mac with Daiya but if you want a treat, then grab this meal.

Once again, this is something I get very rarely but I do love. It's Zen Soy Vegan Pudding Cups. I try to avoid soy as much as possible and only eat soy products once or twice a week because I have hypothyroid. And when I do eat soy I stick with tempeh unless I'm eating out and tofu is my only option. I'm not hating on soy, I absolutely love it, but it's better for my health if I don't eat it every day. Get these in the Chocolate or Chocolate Vanilla Swirl. I find the other two to be not as good, but I'm a chocolate lover.

All the products I mentioned are also gluten free, of course =] Let me know if you have tried these products and love them/think I'm crazy because they're nasty or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment